HHCBC December 2014 Meeting Notes
Queens/Bronx Brewery Bus Trip
- January 24, 2015
- Single Cut Brewery, Bronx Brewery, & Gun Hill Brewery
- Spots still available on the first bus.
- Expected trip cost will be $53/person.
- $25 deposit required to secure your spot. Contact Danielle Malone to lock in your spot.
- If there’s enough interest we will get a second bus.
Taste of RVC
- HHCBC will be pouring beer at this event.
- Contact Erik Albrecht if you’ve got interest.
- January 23, 2015 in Rockville Centre.
Homebrew Alley Competition
- Registration now open.
- H&H is a drop-off location. Can drop off anytime until January 22, 2015
- Visit homebrewalley.com to register
- January 25, 2015 we will have a tasting class at H&H.
- Class is full, but there is a waiting list on Eventbrite.
- If people drop, next on waitlist is added automatically. If there is enough people on the wait list, we will look at opening another class.
- Go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hhcbc-beer-tastingevaluation-class-tickets-14740022805 for more info
- By now most of the participants have brewed for the chopped brew off. If you haven’t, start getting busy.
- Bring at least a couple of growlers to next month’s meeting for the club to taste.
- Club will be voting on the best of each group; then we will have a head to head to determine best overall beer.
- The next meeting will be at EAT Gastropub in Oceanside on Tuesday, December 20.
- More info to follow soon on the speaker.
- Thanks to Anne Marie Becker for donating four different bombers as raffle prizes.
New York Best Wings Festival
- Matt Kourie announced the upcoming New York Best Wings Festival on June 7, 2015 at NYCB Theatre in Westbury.
- HHCBC Club Members can use promo code “HHCBC” when ordering tickets to get 20% off.
- VIP tickets are $75 (before discount), and entitle holders to have unlimited wings, open bar, unlimited craft brewery tastings, souvenir cup and much more. Non VIP tickets available as well.
- HHCBC will have one beer being poured at the event. We will be holding a competition next year to determine who the winning brewer will be. More detail to follow on this.
- Go to http://www.nybestwingsfestival.com/Home.html for more info.
1940’s Brewing Company
- Charlie Becker from 1940’s Brewing Company spoke about being up and running.
- 1940’s has four beers available at various locations on Long Island & Queens.
- Go to http://1940sbrewingcompany.com/ for more info.
Thanks to Barrier
- Thanks again to Evan, Craig and the great staff at Barrier for opening up for us and hosting us again!
- We had a great time, at a great place, with great people, and great beer!