Queens/Bronx Brewery Bus Trip
- Will be rescheduled (if we get enough demand)
- We had 4 spots to fill and had to cancel this trip.
- We’d be interested to hear what kept you from signing up.
Taste of RVC
- This is the first event the club will be pouring beer at.
- January 23, 2015 at St. Agnes Parish, North Village Ave, Rockville Centre.
- Tickets will be available at the door for $35.
- Food, wine, beer tasting from local establishments.
- Event benefits the RVC St. Patrick’s Day Parade and three charities.
- Big thanks to Matt Zinser @ KK Graphics Inc. for the club banner. We’ll be using it at events like Taste of RVC and festivals.
- Thanks to Glenn Winters for the design work on the banner and thanks again for all the work on developing the website.
Homebrew Alley Competition
- H&H is a drop-off location. Entries had to be dropped off by January 22, 2015
- Visit homebrewalley.com for more info.
Barrage Brewing 1 Year Anniversary
- This Saturday, January 24 Barrage Brewing is celebrating their 1st anniversary
- This Sunday, January 25, 2015 we will have a tasting class at H&H.
- If you’re registered but can’t attend, please let me know asap.
- Next style class will be announced soon.
- After Andrew Luberto’s mead presentation we conducted the Chopped Challenge tasting and voting.
- The teams were broken up by group, with four teams in each group.
- In the Pear & Pecan Amber Ale group, Team Forsberg won.
- In the Peppers & Cranberries Pale Ale group, Team Schuster won.
Interclub Stein Brew Challenge
- A couple of months ago, Andrew Luberto and some other members of LIBME did an authentic stein brew.
- They brewed around 30 gallons of beer without using a direct heat source. They repeatedly heated up granite blocks until really hot, and put them into the wort, causing it to boil.
- The team at LIBME thought it would be fun to have an interclub challenge to see what can be done with the finished beer. LIBME, HHCBC, BEER, Brewer’s Collective and Beer Loves Company will be participating.
- We’re all going to get together on a date to be determined (sometime late February) at Great South Bay Brewery to taste the results.
Spring Craft Beer Festival
- March 21st at Nassau Coliseum. This is the last time it’s going to be there.
- The club will be pouring there. We are waiting to hear back how many brewers will be allowed, but it will be between 6 and 12 brewers.
- If you’re interested in brewing for the event, register your interest at: http://goo.gl/forms/WEQwfgubs9
- We’re almost there on finalizing the design for the first club T-Shirt; more info will be distributed soon.
- If you’re interested in getting a T-Shirt, we’ll be sending around via email/facebook group an order sheet. Cost will be $20/shirt.
- The next meeting will be at Press 195 in Rockville Center on Tuesday, February 17.
Thanks to EAT Gastropub
- Big thanks the to folks here at EAT for being our host. The food and beer were both great!
Andrew Luberto’s Mead Presentation
- Andrew is a National level BJCP judge, award winning meadmaker and brewer, and as the head of the Education Committee for Long Island Beer & Malt Enthusiasts, he puts on a lot of great events and activities, including the BJCP Judge Preparation Class that Pete & Sam took over the summer to prepare for the tasting exam.
- Andrew did a great presentation on meadmaking, the different types of mead, and the impact the honey has on the flavor of the mead. He brought some great samples, along with the type of honey used for each sample.