HHCBC January 2016 Meeting Notes
Upcoming Festivals/Pouring Events
Taste of Rockville Center
- We poured at this event last year. It’s a charity event, so all for good causes.
- The event will this Friday, January 22 in RVC.
- We will have six beers being poured here.
- If you’re interested in going, we will have the website URL in the meeting notes.
Hops & Props
- Saturday, February 27 at the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City.
- We have a couple of spots left to pour at this event.
- If you’re interested in pouring, see Ken or Eric S.
Spring Craft Beer Festival
- Spring Craft Beer Festival will be at Belmont on April 2. We will have as many brewers as we can at this event.
Blue Point Cask Ale Festival
- The Cask Ale Festival at Blue Point is normally mid- to late-April.
- We are reaching out to see how we can participate.
National Homebrew Conference
- Next year the NHC will be held in Baltimore. June 9-11.
- Great event, with tons of seminars & discussions. A club night, where clubs set up and pour their best beers, and just all around a lot of fun.
- We’ve formed a committee headed up by Ken and Eric S. We are looking for three more people to sit on the committee and help organize and plan the event.
Club Incorporation, Constitution & By-Laws
- The Consitution and By-Laws were adopted by the club.
- Membership will entitle you to:
- pour at festivals and other events
- get priority signups at classes, clinics and other events
- access membership discounts we are negotiating at local restaurants, bars, breweries and merchants
- borrow club equipment (with a security deposit)
- Club leadership positions will be filled for the first year as follows:
- President – Sam Schuster
- Vice President – Ken Dalton
- Secretary – Peter Tripp
- Treasurer – Danielle Malone
- Membership Coordinator – Jason Scott
- Marketing and Events Coordinator – Eric Sowa
- The next meeting we will Tuesday, February 16 @ EAT Gastropub in Oceanside.
- Our speaker will be Kevin Sihler – Co-Founder and Head Brewer at Sand City Brewing in Northport.
Thanks to Press 195!
- We want to take a moment to thank everyone at Press 195 for having us back.