September 2015 Meeting Notes
Welcome to our 1st anniversary meeting!
- Thank you to everyone who brought food!
- Saturday, October 24 @ Great South Bay Brewery
- We will have 8 beers at this event.
- Focus is on Fall (pumpkin, spice, etc.) beers and German beer styles.
- Always a fun event. Beer, bands, etc.
Great Beer Festival
- Saturday, November 7 @ Belmont Racetrack
- Signup link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1GW5lVT78eZp8UHbgOMy3_i0KYiqoooSLzvK2CiT_qO4/viewform
- Two sessions = more beer! We are looking to have 16 beers poured here, so get brewing!
- As mentioned earlier, if you would like to brew but don’t have kegging equipment, reach out to Ken.
Effin Gruven – Dogfish Head Rarities Night (and VIP Session)
- September 26 from 8 – 11PM, Effin Gruven will be doing their annual DFH rarities night.
- $30 for three hours pouring at least 6 DFH beers, including rarities.
- For the first time, they will be doing a limited ticket sale daytime VIP session from 2-5PM, pouring at least 7 beers, including some limited rarities. Attendees will get an Effin Gruven Dogfish Head pint glass. $30.
- We’ve got a group going to the VIP session.
- If you have interest in the VIP session, purchase your tickets in advance. If you want to attend the night session, no need to purchase in advance.
Education – Off Flavor Class
- We held the Off Flavor Class on Sunday, August 23 at 1PM @ H&H.
- We will be doing another one again in a few months. The next one will be a little smaller, so we can make sure the concentrations of off-flavors are high.
BCJP Tasting Exam
- This past Sunday, September 13, four of our members took the BCJP tasting exam.
- Best of luck to Pete, Ken, Chris B. and Johnny.
- We had more members taking the exam than LIBME who was the organizing club. Nice showing!
Social Brew Day
- I’d like to see if we can schedule another social brew day before the weather turns.
- If you’ve got interest in hosting, please reach out to Sam.
National Homebrew Conference
- We announced this last month, but it bears repeating:
- Next year the NHC will be held in Baltimore. June 9-11.
- Great event, with tons of seminars & discussions. A club night, where clubs set up and pour their best beers, and just all around a lot of fun.
- If there’s enough interest, we’ll convene a committee to coordinate having a club presence there.
LIBME Homebrew Competition
- The website is now live to enter the LIBME Homebrew competition.
- The competition takes place on November 21 @ GSB.
- Entry fees are $8. H&H is a drop off location.
- If you’re interested in judging or stewarding, you can sign up on the website too.
- We’d love to have a great showing from the club. And the award ceremony will happen that afternoon, so you can go down and have some GSB beer while you’re waiting for the results.
- We’re going to have a couple of new officer positions formed and are looking for some volunteers.
- Membership coordinator – responsible for maintaining the membership logs, collecting dues (once we start collecting them), and getting places to participate in a member discount program.
- Events & marketing coordinator – coordinate club events and work with membership on club themed merchandise.
- Please see Sam, Pete, or Ken if you’re interested.
- The next meeting we will Tuesday, October 20 at Dark Horse Tavern in Rockville Center
Thanks to Barrier!
- We want to take a moment to thank Evan, Katie, Ann and all the great folks here at Barrier. It’s good to be back here.