HHCBC July 2015 Meeting Notes
- Bus trip planned for Saturday, July 25. It will be a western Suffolk trip visiting GSB, Spider Bite, Blue Point and finishing at Brickhouse Brewpub.
- Departs Seaford train station parking lot at Noon. Full payment will be due then.
PintWood Derby @ Long Ireland
- This Saturday there will be a 21 & over pinewood derby competition (Pintwood Derby) at Long Ireland brewery in Riverhead. 5:30PM
- Still time to enter. There are two divisions:
- “Classic” 5oz class
- Outlaw class: Only rules are size dimensions so the car will run on the track without damaging it and that it does not interfere with cars next to it. (No open flames).
- Cash prizes for each division. $1 off all pints if you’re racing.
North Fork Beer Festival
- August 8, Calverton, NY
- We will be pouring.
Skeeter Pee Clinic Recap
- Last Sunday Rob Clark held a clinic on making Skeeter Pee.
- Well attended and enjoyed by the participants.
- If you’ve got ideas for a demonstration or a clinic, please contact Sam.
Education – Off Flavor Class
- We will be doing the Off Flavor Class on Sunday, August 23 at 1PM @ H&H.
- The class will help you identify off-flavors in beer that are a result of brewing flaws or sanitation issues. It includes twelve different types of off-flavors.
- Cost of the class will be $20 (including service fee).
- To sign up, go to http://bit.do/hhcbcofc
BJCP Mead Exam Scheduled
- Andrew Luberto has organized a BCJP Mead Judge Certification Exam.
- Will be held on February 20 at Brickhouse Brewpub in Patchogue.
- More details on the test can be found at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bjcp-mead-certification-exam-tickets-17768677593
Impromptu Keezer Assembly Demonstration
- This Friday (July 24), Pete will be putting together a Keezer at H&H.
- Feel free to come down and see what the process is.
- Chopped competition is well underway.
- If you’re competing, you should have brewed or be brewing soon.
- Tasting & voting will occur at next month’s meeting.
- T-shirts & hoodies were ordered today. If you haven’t paid for your order yet, please do so ASAP.
- The next meeting we will Tuesday, August 18.
- Our speaker will be Mary Izett, author of Speed Brewing. Mary will be signing her book following the discussion. Copies of the book will be available for purchase
- We are working on the location and will let you know shortly.
Huge Thanks to The Black Sheep!
- We want to take a moment to thank Bob, Liam, Vince and all the great folks here at the Sheep for saving us and agreeing to host the meeting on short notice after the untimely closing of Brook 23.
- One of the best places around. And $4 beers all summer! Plus, free hot dogs!